Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Power of the Priesthood - June 2, 2014

It has been a straining week here in Ottumwa!

Our district is seeing phenomenal success! In our 4 areas we have 12 people set for baptism in the next 6 weeks! When the Lord blesses us, Satan tries ever harder to dampen our spirits.

In the last week, the missionaries in our district have seen great challenges physically. With one trip to the ER, several trips to the doctor, and several priesthood blessings. I have had the opportunity to exercise my priesthood 4 times in the last 7 days for the blessing and healing of my missionary friends. It is a blessed opportunity, but it is also sad that our physical state is weakened.

My mind reflects on the words of the prophet Mormon "And now, my beloved son, notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God" (Moroni 9:6).

Know that the Priesthood is real. I know it. I see it bless the lives of me, my companion, members and non-members and my missionary sisters alike. The Spirit is real and talks through worthy vessels. May we be led and guided as in D&C 68:4. We can be pure.

Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
D&C 6:34, 36
  Doubt Not, Fear Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment