Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Fourth of July!!! - July 7, 2014

It was a great week!

I promise the quality of my emails does not reflect my attitude towards my mission in these last few weeks. I am working hard and we are seeing miracles! I am so grateful for the opportunities a mission provides. I have grown so much!

We spent our Fourth of July evening at our Bishop's home with his family and 2 other families in the ward and a nonmember family friend of our Bishop's family. We ate some awesome food! I ate a hamburger, brat, and hot dog, with a couple of the sides. Then I ate my companions untouched double cheeseburger..... Can you hear the extra pounds I am adding? lol We played "Werewolves" which is like Mafia.

My sister wrote about an article in the July 2014 Ensign called Becoming Perfect in Christ by Elder Gerrit W. Gong. It is incredible. I am a missionary, and about to be a student again. My health took a turn and I was reminded of my time at college. I was often stressed and striving to be perfect. On my mission, I have found the ability to actually enjoy life and to enjoy the moment, which is something that I haven't been able to do for most of my life, I get caught up in trying to prove I am perfect. In the last few days, feelings of perfectionism returned, and my poor health from life before Iowa. But I am glad I know how to change and how to become more like Jesus Christ.

Know the work is progressing, my companion is progressing, our district is progressing, and our zone is doing miraculously! I know I am where I am supposed to be and doing what I am supposed to be doing. Are you?

Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
D&C 6:34, 36
  Doubt Not, Fear Not.

Pics:
Me making funny faces on the 4th of July.
Me shopping at Walmart...
Lightning storm last night!



No comments:

Post a Comment