Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lots and Lots of Missionaries - July 21, 2014

So this last week was super fun!

Elder Epperson caught a virus that is going around, but we were still able to teach some lessons and with the time he takes sleeping to get better, I have been able to read the Book of Mormon and listen to some talks by general authorities. It is great because I have a goal to finish the Book of Mormon when I finish my mission!

A week ago Sunday we set up some dinners with members. We ended up giving 2 of the 3 to the Hermanas because Elder Epperson was sick, but it worked out well. This week we also have a bunch of visits set up so I can say goodbye to the people that I know and have met here before I head back to Utah.

2 highlights of the week.

We had Zone Conference in Thursday. Usually, our zone conferences only have 4 zones, but this one had 6. This Zone Conference wasn't supposed to happen until next month, but because of the Mission Tour that will be happening in September they changed it around. I was very happy for 3 reasons. 1) I got to see a lot of my missionary friends for the last time. 2) I love receiving all the trainings from Zone Conferences. 3) At the last Zone Conference, where I gave my departing testimony, President Jensen kept saying how he was going to train on the Atonement at the next Zone Conference. I was going to miss it, but I really enjoyed listening to President Jensen train on the Atonement and different aspects of it.

Elder Epperson and I got to attend the Brittish Pageant in Nauvoo on Saturday. It was marvelous! :) The details are in the link I left. One of the coolest parts was at the end, they had all of the missionaries walk on stage singing "Called to Serve." Then we sang "Oh Say What is Truth?" and "Redeemer of Israel" on stage with the cast for the finale. It was hard to sing and crutch quickly up onto the stage, but thankfully I was able to sing well, not fall, and represent crippled missionaries everywhere! :)

But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;

Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest.

The Lord prepares us to be instruments in His hands. Follow the uncomfortable suggestions of the Holy Ghost or the Light of Christ to become true Disciples of His Son, Jesus Christ. That is what I am striving to do. I am not perfect at it, but I am becoming who God wants me to become by doing my best.

Love from Iowa,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
D&C 6:34, 36
  Doubt Not, Fear Not.
 
  • Me and Elder Newhouse. Again!
  • The Nauvoo Bagpipe Band
  • Story City District Reuinited - Me, Elder Barger, Elder Claridge, Elder Kinikini (got there after I left), Elder Hollan, Elder Keller, Sister England, Sister Muirbrook
  • Me, Elder Newhouse, Sister England, Sister Paul - the 4 missionaries that brought the Bennett family to baptism
  • The Nauvoo Temple, night shot, while moving in a car.
  • The Brittish Pageant
  • The Nauvoo Temple, in the day, while standing on crutches.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment