Monday, December 16, 2013

Where the Story (City) Ends - November 18, 2013

My Story in Story City is ending because I'm being transferred.
 
I just found out today. I am going to miss it a ton, but I am also excited to see what the Lord has in store for me in my next area!
 
For some reason I just blanked on what I normally write in these letters, so it might be a little bit of an awkward letter. But it is from me, so we're used to that...
 
This week was great. We had interviews with our Mission President on Tuesday. Our Mission President takes time, once per quarter, to interview all the missionaries in the mission. He spends a few weeks going around to all of the districts in the mission to spend about 15 minutes one on one with each missionary. It was great to sit down with him and share with him where I am at in my spiritual growth and how the work is going in the district and in Story City. It was an incredibly uplifting experience. :)
 
On Saturday, Sisters Browne and Muirbrook had a baptism! Richard, the man I talked about last week, was baptized! It was great! Richard and the man baptizing him were both pretty tall, and the font was about 1 foot lower than it normally is. After 3 tries baptizing him standing up, his clothes were still not going completely under. So the fourth time, they knelt down in the bottom of the font and baptized him and he went all the way under. At the end of the program, Richard bore his testimony and said "I wouldn't have had my baptism go any other way. Each time I went down it was like God was asking me 'Do you really want to do this?' 'Do you really want to do this?' 'Do you really want to do this?' He had a great attitude about it! Very humble man! It is both of the Sisters first baptism they have participated in and it is an experience they will never forget!
 
The Ames Stake had Stake Conference and, as requested by the First Presidency, all of the missionaries attended the Adult Session. So we got 4 hours of Stake Conference. It was fantastic!
 
Keep being diligent in your studies and prayers, remember the questions I asked last week! Ask them again:
  • How are your personal prayers going?
  • How is your Book of Mormon reading and studying going?
  • How seriously do you take the Sacrament as you partake of it at church each week? 
Your Diligent Letter-Writer,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
D&C 6:34, 36
  Doubt Not, Fear Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment