Monday, December 16, 2013

The Water Comes Down in Waterloo - November 25, 2013

This time it comes down in the form of snow!

Waterloo decided to welcome me with some nice cold weather and some snow! The beginning of this week was wonderful. It was pretty fast paced as well, with the transfer and packing and all. But I love all the wonderful people in Story City and I was glad to bid adieu to so many people that have helped me grow so much in the last 6 months there, missionary, member, and non-member alike. I don't think I have ever experienced growth like I did in Story City, spiritual and temporal things alike.

My new companion is Elder Nathan Nelson from Chandler, AZ. He is shorter and skinnier than I. First time that has happened other than Elder Sierra... He graduated from High School in 2013 and I am his "breaker" as he was just finished being trained. He is a wonderful missionary and great things are going to happen in Waterloo!

Waterloo, Iowa. A great place with an incredible ward! The 3-hour block of church was super spiritual and very uplifting. It was a wonderful way to start a new area. 

I spent 25 of my 75 minutes of computer time talking with a man at the library and answering his questions. 
"Preach the Gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words."
     - St. Francis of Assisi

You are all the best! Continue becoming spiritually converted. And my sister Marinda gets her mission call this week!

Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
D&C 6:34, 36
  Doubt Not, Fear Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment