Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day - March 18, 2013

Hola!
 
I was just looking back at all of my emails I've sent home and realized how uncreative the opening word is. But hey, that's me, so that's how it's going to be.
 
This week was pretty average in the life of a missionary. The beginning of this week was an odd spot for Elder Hess and I. It took us a few days to get over the shock that we were still going to be companions, and it was transfer week, so even though we weren't being transferred, it was still an odd week. So even though it was an odd week it was pretty normal still. We talked to people, found some new people to teach, worked on our teaching skills and are doing our best to improve all around.
 
This week did have some cool stuff at church though. In Sacrament meeting, two recent converts who we meet with regularly spoke and then the Bishopric sang a beautiful acapella "Nearer My God to Thee." Then the Elder from a senior couple who leaves in a week spoke, then the Bishop finished with some wise words. They all spoke on conversion. True conversion is not a one-time event.
 
I am kind of all over the place in studies. One place I have been more-often-than-not is in the March 2013 Ensign. I love the magazines of the church. They help me strengthen my testimony as I see others living the way Christ would and their success stories. Check it out at http://www.lds.org/magazine

Keep on Keepin on!
 
Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
    D&C 6:34, 36
Doubt Not, Fear Not.
Nothing Less than 550

No comments:

Post a Comment