Monday, March 18, 2013

5 Transfers Out! - March 11, 2013

Hello!
This week marks my 5th transfer being out in the field. It is crazy to think I have been out for this long! Even more crazy, I will be staying companions with Elder Hess for another 6 weeks! Totally unexpected and super odd. I was expecting to get transferred... Apparently we have some unfinished work to do, we are rockin' it here in Des Moines, or we haven't learned enough from each other yet. Anyway, I am excited Elder Hess rocks and I am growing a ton! It's super weird to think that by the end of this next transfer, I will have been companions with Elder Hess for 1/2 of my mission so far. So yeah.
So this week on Thursday we ate lunch as a district at B&B's, this deli in Des Moines. 12 elders in this well-known shop. It was sweet. They took our picture and posted to facebook "Elders invade B&B's." A member is trying to make it go viral. Help it along if you see it. :) I ate a "Quad-zilla." 4 1/3 lb patties on a bun with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and onions. I also drank a quart of chocolate milk. I'm a fatty...
Friday we ate at Jethro's BBQ. A member took us and bought us the Adam Emmenecker Challenge. A 5 lb meal that you have to eat in 15 minutes to win the challenge. Adam Richman of Food Network's Man vs. Food didn't finish it in 15. Needless to say, I didn't either. But boy was it delicious! With lots of leftovers.
Before:

After 15 minutes:

Adam Richman also went to B&B's to try their challenge. So I ate at two Man vs. Food destinations for lunch two days in a row. I didn't really eat dinner either night I was so stuffed. Really Good Food!
Good week. I am always improving. Remember, work is an eternal principle, we will always be working. Figure out a good work ethic and WORK! That's what I'm doing.
Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
    D&C 6:34, 36
Doubt Not, Fear Not.
Nothing Less than 550

No comments:

Post a Comment