Saturday, January 19, 2013

Last Week in Kirksville - 12-22-12

Hey Everyone!
 
Sorry for the two short emails in a row, but sometimes things just work out that way. I am getting transferred! I love Kirksville and I'm sad to go, but when the Lord speaks through His servants, I have to listen. I don't know where I'm going, you'll find out where I am on December 31st. But things have been good for the past two weeks.
 
I did get the flu a week ago, but it only lasted a day, so I wasn't out of it for too long! One of the Assistants to the President came and worked with us and helped us teach. It was really neat and it was cool working with a missionary of that caliber.
 
One of our investigators is a senior in high school and he asked us if we would go to his choir concert, so we did. It was really weird because it reminded me of so many things from the last 10 years. It was set up like my Rosemont Ridge concerts up in Oregon in the gym with a choir set up on one side and a band one on the other. They band played "A Christmas Festival" which is a song I played in band in high school. So it was neat.
 
I love you all and I want you to know that the Book of Mormon is a wonderful book and I have a testimony of it and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. God is wonderful even though life is hard sometimes. I am very blessed to be serving Him. I love Christmastime and the wonderful gift He gave us, and how we get to celebrate how He did everything for us and we can always be getting better and closer to Him.
 
Merry Christmas!
 
Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
    D&C 6:34, 36
Doubt Not, Fear Not.
Faith in 400 for Christ in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment