Saturday, January 19, 2013

End of 2012 - 12-31-12

Greetings!
 
We reached our mission goal of 400!!! It is truly a miracle as we weren't on track as of Friday. But the assistants called other missionaries, told them by the spirit that those people were meant to be baptized in 2012, and it happened! When it is the Lord's will to do something, you do everything you can to do it, and after all that you can do, he will do the rest.
 
So I am officially out of my first area, you are probably wondering where I am now and that. Kirksville is wonderful, but I am no longer there.
 
My Second Area is...
 
 
 
Drumroll please..............................................................................
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Des Moines Ward in Des Moines, Iowa!!!
 
My new companion is Elder Michael Hess from Alpine, Utah. He graduated from Lone Peak in 2010. He is the smallest of my companions standing at a short 6'3". He was MTC companions with Elder Peterson, who I just was transferred from being companions with. He began his mission in Hannibal, Missouri and has been in Des Moines for 6 weeks. We live in downtown Des Moines!
 
The Assistants to the President also serve in this ward. Two of the Office Senior Couples also go to our ward. My new district has 8 Elders and 2 Sisters, therefore being the same size as my previous Zone. I am so excited to serve in the biggest city in the mission!
 
The ward here is 567 members strong and is at least 2/3 less active members. There are 157 Prospective Elders, men who should hold the Melchizedek Priesthood but don't. There is a LOT of potential in this area and there is a lot of work to be done. Elder Hess and I are very excited to get going!
 
The member we ate dinner with yesterday is the older sister of one of the awesome members in Kirksville. It is such a small world! The boundaries of this stake were just reorganized in November, so the callings are just starting to go in. The Bishopric is awesome! This area went from the smallest branch in the stake to the biggest ward. So we have our work cut out for us.
 
This last week it was wonderful to talk to family and say bye to the amazing members of Kirksville and to celebrate my first Christmas away from home. It was weird, but I know I'm supposed to be out here so it's all good.
 
Our mission goal for next year is 550! It'll be sweet!
 
Love from IOWA!
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
    D&C 6:34, 36
Doubt Not, Fear Not.
Faith in 550 for Christ in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment