Saturday, January 19, 2013

Gratitude and General Authorities - 11-26-12

Hello Everyone!

It has been a good Thanksgiving week. We got 2 Thanksgiving dinners.  enough food to make us sick. :) But I got to throw a football around with a Priest and a Deacon from the family we had the first one with and it was pretty sweet. It's been so long since I've thrown a football!

This week was pretty sweet in another way. We had Elder Don R. Clarke of the First Quorum of the Seventy come and tour the mission this last week. If that doesn't sound familiar, he gave a talk about the Sacrament right before Elder Bednar spoke in the Sunday Afternoon Session of last month's General Conference. We got to spend a full 8 or 9 hours with him in the chapel and in meetings. It was a wonderful day of great counsel and revelation. He is a very humorous man and a very spiritual one too.

I learned many things from him and how I can be a better missionary, person, and disciple of Jesus Christ.

It is interesting. My trainer and one of my Zone Leaders know what it mean to be Truly Converted. I spoke in my farewell talk about "Becoming Truly Converted." It is amazing how little I actually knew about it when I gave that talk. I still know very little, but I know enough that I am not truly converted. It is hard to become truly converted, and I hope to become truly converted soon. It reminds me of Elder Bednar's talk in conference and how he talked about having a Testimony versus being Converted. I want you all to know I have a testimony of the Gospel and all that that means. But I am not yet converted unto the Gospel. In Sacrament meeting yesterday the talks were on being spiritually prepared and both speakers used the parable of theTen Virgins to describe spiritual preparedness. I hope you all can glean something from those resources that will better your understanding of Being Truly Converted.

In my studies this morning I came up with how Happiness comes about. I drew a diagram which I have attached. I hope it helps someone. The items inred are the Doctrine of Christ. Remember the Atonement is always central to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that without the Atonement, we could not change.

With Love From Missouri,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
    D&C 6:34, 36
Doubt Not, Fear Not.
Faith in 400 for Christ in 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment