Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I've been out 6 weeks!

Hello Everyone!
 
This Wednesday marks 6 weeks of me being on my mission. It has gone by so slowly, yet so quickly! The work is ever progressing.
 
I don't have a whole lot of time today. But know that all is going well.
 
I have been having more productive studies and as I'm serving and teaching and studying, I am learning a lot about myself.
 
Missionary work and life in general is all about giving up our desires or wants, giving up our will, and letting ourselves be an instrument in His hands, to bring peace and joy for all others.
 
These are a few of the scriptures that are my favorites right now:
  • Alma 36:3
  • D&C 4
  • Jacob 4
  • Alma 32:28
  • 3 Nephi 12:14-16
  • Alma 36:20
  • Alma 4:3
  • Alma 7:11-12
  • D&C 33:8-10
  • Alma 17:2-3
I hope they are able to bring some light into your life like they have mine.
 
I love you all and I hope you are living a life where you can fully experience the joy of God. I am not yet, but I intend to always be thinking in a way where I am giving myself up to God. Share your experiences with me!
 
Because it is September 11th, I studied some scriptures this morning that brought some Partriotism and enlightenment to my thoughts. Here is what I studied if you want to follow my path:
  • 1 Nephi 13
  • D&C 87
  • Revelations 5-6
  • D&C 135
 
Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
D&C 6:34, 36
Doubt Not, Fear Not

No comments:

Post a Comment