Monday, March 17, 2014

Waterloo, Exit Stage Left - February 10, 2014

"Now, as [Elder Newhouse] was thus teaching the people of [Waterloo] continually, we will return to the account of [Elder McKenzie] and his brethren; for after he departed from the land of [Waterloo] he was led by the Spirit to the land of [ _________ ], even to the house of the [wonderful people of the Iowa Des Moines Mission]." -Alma 22:1, with slight variation

Well, if you couldn't tell from my somewhat incorrect use of that scripture, I found out that I will be transferred on Thursday! I will leave Waterloo and head somewhere else in the wonderful Iowa Des Moines Mission. It is interesting to note that Waterloo has been my shortest area yet, only 3 months/2 transfers. Sadly I will have to leave my wonderful friend and companion, Elder Newhouse here in Waterloo. I will continue to serve as a district leader over another district as I get transferred.

This week we saw some miracles in Waterloo. First of all, we were stuck inside for part of Tuesday and all of Wednesday and Thursday due to the very cold weather. So it was an interesting week.

Yesterday, Teta Ross, the Liberian lady we taught last week, came to church! It turns out that she actually lives in the Cedar Falls Ward boundary, so we won't get to see her baptized in Waterloo, but the Sisters in Cedar Falls will teach her tomorrow and help her be baptized pretty soon. She is SO PREPARED!!! :)

It isn't in vain though, because the Sisters in Cedar Falls have been preparing a lady named Julie to be baptized this Saturday in Waterloo. She preferred to be taught by Sisters, so they taught her, she came to church yesterday, and she will be baptized Saturday! We teach her best friend tomorrow. He enjoyed church and he wants to keep coming week after week.

Sadly my time is out, but I love each of you and I will email you from a different location next week! Remember, it isn't where you serve or what you do, but how you do it and that you do it with an Eye single to God's glory (see D&C 4:3).

Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
D&C 6:34, 36
  Doubt Not, Fear Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment