Monday, March 17, 2014

Enter Ottumwa - February 17, 2014

Hola mi amigos!

I am now in my 5th area with my 8th companion. My new companion is Elder Justin Schwendiman from West Jordan, Utah. He is in his 3rd transfer, which makes me his second companion, also known as a "Breaker." So I am breaking my 3rd missionary. Heavenly Father knows that I can't train a missionary, I just break them in! Thankfully, Elder Schwendiman is awesome and is an incredible missionary! He is my size too. We are virtually the same height, 5' 10-11", and he is 140 lbs. He is my first companion that ever attended EFY. And we attended the same session in 2010! His older brother Nathan and I were in the same company. It is a small world! And with a name like Schwendiman, we might even be related!

It has been a great week in Ottumwa. So on Wednesday, Elder Schwendiman broke his collarbone playing kickball. He ran into a wall after slipping on a base, while running full speed. So he is in a sling for the next transfer. So it is kind of an interesting challenge. 

In my new district we have 5 Hermanas (spanish-speaking Sister missionaries), and 4 Elders. And we are really spread out. I am excited to be in Ottumwa serving the Lord.

We have 3 people scheduled to be baptized in March that we set baptismal dates with yesterday. Andy and Daniel, they're brothers, and Doug. They are awesome!

Until next week!

Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
D&C 6:34, 36
  Doubt Not, Fear Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment