Tuesday, February 19, 2013

6-month Click! - February 5, 2013

Greetings!
 
I am officially 6 months out on my mission. Crazy huh? This last week was kind of discouraging because a lot of appointments fell through and Gayle didn't come to church, but we are working on all of that fun stuff.
 
When I am on an exchange or behind in writing in my journal, I write my journal entry on a post-it note or another piece of paper so I can update it in my journal later. Yesterday, I had a stack of papers and post-it notes from December 27, 2012. Elder Hess was sick, so I spend the whole day watching videos we use in proselyting, and transferring the writings on post-it notes and papers into my actual Journal and Gratitude Journal. Now I am caught up, and it feels great!
 
I was watching the "I'm a Mormon" video for Larry Gelwix yesterday, as Elder Hess has it on one of his DVDs. Larry Gelwix, was the Highland Rugby coach that is portrayed in "Forever Strong." Very successful man. He says "this isn't Mambi Pambi let's hold hands and sing kum by ya." My family will really remember this, but the Geico commercial where it says "Would a drill sargeant make a good psychiatrist?" hahaha...
 
Check out the brand new Mormon Message. Eternal perspective :) If you can't tell, I really love mormon messages, and the other videos the church puts out, and even those about eternal principles that the Church doesn't produce. They are one of the best catalysts of the Spirit. I love them so much. If you find a good one, please share it with me :)
 
It was a good week. Keep on being the awesome people you are. Elder Busche of the Seventy gave a wonderful talk back on May 14, 1996 talking about the scripture Mosiah 3:19 and how to combat the natural man. I can't find the link to the speech, but it is amazing. That is one thing I would like you all to listen to or read soon. It has helped me out tremendously.
 
Remember, Jesus loves you, and I do too :)
 
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
    D&C 6:34, 36
Doubt Not, Fear Not.
Faith in 550 for Christ in 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment