Monday, June 3, 2013

Memorial Day - May 29, 2013

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day!
 
This last week was a good one. I am really sorry, but I am not in the zone today. Too many crazy things happening. We have to get a report done and my mind is not very focused right now. So this email won't be much.
 
Church was incredibly powerful. It was wonderful. We had 3 investigators there and 2 potentials. The Hill's from Kirksville came because their niece was baptized Saturday, so I got to see their baby who is now 9 months old! It was great to see them!

We found 4 new investigators this week, 3 being referrals from the Hermanas in our zone. They are doing good work over there!

I have been pondering more as of late and I hope that I am doing good things, but that there is always more I can do. I had the opportunity to get some more perspective this last week.
 
President Jergensen has asked us to internalize the Doctrine of Christ, to take it from our heads to our hearts. One way he tells us we can do this is by studying the Doctrine of Christ in 7 ways over 7 days. I just finished a week of studying it yesterday and I began again today. When we internalize the Doctrine of Christ, we begin to apply the atonement and to use it in our everyday lives. That is what I am striving for and I hope you so as well.
 
Sorry this week's report wasn't too detailed, I will do better in the future! I hope you all improve this week as well!
 
Love,
Elder Zachary R McKenzie
Iowa Des Moines Mission
    D&C 6:34, 36
Doubt Not, Fear Not.
550 Souls to Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment